Mariano Gomez created a new Microsoft Connect suggestion: get rid of the word Checks (or Cheques) from the Payables payment windows. It’s time to move to more inclusive wording, with a large part of the world not using cheques, and adoption of EFT and electronic payments in the US gathering steam (slowly, but still…).
Click here to vote or search for 3111236 on the Microsoft Connect site.
His specific suggestions are to change the titles of these windows/menu items:
- Select Payables Checks -> Build Payments Batch
- Edit Payables Check Batch -> Edit Payment Batch
- Edit Payables Check -> Edit Vendor Payment
- Print Payables Checks -> Print Payment Documents
- Post Payables Checks -> Post Payment Documents
(originally posted on www.kuntzconsulting.ca, and migrated to this site in October 2017)